Thursday, August 30, 2007

Raising Finance For AIM

Unfortunatley when it comes to technology, I am little bit of a 'technological Bermuda Triangle'. This is not to say that I don't like or understand technology, even if I do say so myself, I have a pretty good grasp of it. The problem, however, is that techonolgy doesn't really like me, things break all the time. Mobiles just stop working, check in desk computers fail (I kid you not, the system crashed in Barbados exactly as I was checking in a few years ago), cars mysteriously breakdown and need 'resetting' (whatever resetting a car is) and don't get me started on laptops.


So it is with a little trepedation that I tell you about our latest Internet tester. We all know that social networking is taking over the world and laying bear our very souls , but it has astounded me that someone has alreday come up with a 'Blogger' type solution for this latest craze. I use Blogger for this blog because it is very easy to use. Our techies have tried to convince me to have our own in-house one but why? It is super easy to use and costs nothing in fact there is a check on its way from Google for $100 fom those lovely users who clicked the adverts and affectively 'donated'. OK, it has taken a year, but what the heck, it's free money.

I digress. I came across a website called Ning.com. It has developed a blogger type solution to social networking and I think it is excellent. We set up 'The Investors Network' as a bit of a test, just to see how it works and what the possibilities are. Of course, it could also turn out to be a good resource, but I will leave that up to you. It would be nice to create a community from here, but we will see how we go, this is,of course, if I don't break it!

This also bring me on to the proper topic of this particular post. It seems that many of our visitors are in the business or the professions that service us, judging by the data we get from the site (not Big Brother, just search term data) so we need to ask a favour.

As you may or may know we invest on behalf of clients into listed companies through structured products, debt financing and straight equity. We are always evaluating projects, but we are always looking for more.

Basically if you have clients or colleagues in listed operations who are looking to raise finance, especially on the London markets we would like to hear from them. Our particular interset in up and coming AIM businesses that are looking for between £250,000 to £5mn. We can go higher but for this particular phase we are building a portfolio for our clients in this range.

If you have anyone like this then click on the 'contact us' button in the top right.

No comments: